[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner vs scannor

  • From: Michael Sestak <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:27:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Interesting that this topic just came up now.  Recently, I realized that in a
message I was writing I'd put scanner for both the person and the machine.  I
didn't like that, but couldn't think of a solution right off, but finally
decided to put submitter for the person and scanner for the machine.  English
can be a maze of twisty little passages all looking alike (well, I couldn't
think of anything useful to add on the text adventure book thread, but it just
popped into my head, now).

Misha