[bksvol-discuss] Re: roman numerals

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:49:41 -0400

Wait a minute. Roman numerals are not always in caps. They usually are, but they are not always. I can think of only two cases in which they are not in caps. That is the preliminary page numbering in books. As Bookshare volunteers we should be quite familiar with that. The other that I recall is one of the layers in an outline that you learn about in high school English class and never see again. That latter case is rare and that is why I say that you never hear of it again, but those preliminary pages are a lot more common. I can't think of any other cases in which they are not in caps, but they are most certainly not always in caps.

On 10/17/2012 7:45 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Excuse me Cindy, but Roman Numerals are always in caps.

Ann P.