[bksvol-discuss] Re: roman numerals

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:19:23 -0400

Hi all,

I read Madeleine's message as "be consistent."
So, if the numbers in question are supposed to be upper case use *all* upper
case, and vice versa.
The assertion that all Roman numerals are upper case is just plain wrong.
Roman numerals in prefatory material are  almost always lower case. Also,
their are lower case Roman numerals in outlines.
And, as Sue pointed out, Roman numerals in medical terminology should be
upper case.
So, bottom line , I believe we should keep to what the actual print says.

Just my thoughts...
Deborah