[bksvol-discuss] Re: question and comment about publisher quality

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:11:35 -0800 (PST)

I shouldn't imagine that they'd replace books already
in the collection,  since they're not available to be
downloaded in BRF and don't have synopses. The first
title I checked several days ago, but I can't remember
what it was, had two copies in the collecion, the
publisher's quality and one available in both brf and
daisy.

G.Cindy

--- Silvara <silvara@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I don't know if this has been covered, or even if
> there is an answer yet.
>
> When adding publisher quality books, is it just
> books that aren't in the collection? Or will
> publisher quality books replace excellent rated
> books in the collection? Personally I put a lot of
> work into my submissions and get sighted assistance
> when I can't figure out a scanno. Obviously good and
> fair books should be replaced.  Since excellent
> books can vary in quality they should be looked at
> first before replacing.
>
> Overall, I am excited about these books. I just saw
> 3 publisher quality books that I was planning to
> scan. So I saved some time. I guess this means I
> will have to check the new book list more often.
>
> Actually since I have the print copies of the
> Samantha James's books I can supply the synopsis. It
> will be much faster than scanning the entire book.
> *grin*
> *****
> Grace
>
> Please sponsor me in the march for independence,
> Walk for Opportunity   in Dallas Texas. Any amount
> will help, no matter how small.
> Proceeds benefit the National Federation of the
> Blind Jernigan institute.

http://nfb.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1095161&pg=personal&fr_id=1040

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/