To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:11 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: question and comment about publisher quality

I shouldn't imagine that they'd replace books already
in the collection,  since they're not available to be
downloaded in BRF and don't have synopses. The first
title I checked several days ago, but I can't remember
what it was, had two copies in the collecion, the
publisher's quality and one available in both brf and
daisy.

G.Cindy

--- Silvara <silvara@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi:

I don't know if this has been covered, or even if
there is an answer yet.

When adding publisher quality books, is it just
books that aren't in the collection? Or will
publisher quality books replace excellent rated
books in the collection? Personally I put a lot of
work into my submissions and get sighted assistance
when I can't figure out a scanno. Obviously good and
fair books should be replaced.  Since excellent
books can vary in quality they should be looked at
first before replacing.

Overall, I am excited about these books. I just saw
3 publisher quality books that I was planning to
scan. So I saved some time. I guess this means I
will have to check the new book list more often.

Actually since I have the print copies of the
Samantha James's books I can supply the synopsis. It
will be much faster than scanning the entire book.
*grin*
*****
Grace

Please sponsor me in the march for independence,
Walk for Opportunity   in Dallas Texas. Any amount
will help, no matter how small.
Proceeds benefit the National Federation of the
Blind Jernigan institute.

http://nfb.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1095161&pg=personal&fr_id=1040

***WISH LIST (CALLED REQUESTED ADDITIONS TO THE BOOKSHARE COLLECTION)IS AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/

A LIST OF BOOKS CURRENTLY BEING SCANNED IS AVAILABLE AT http://people.delphiforums.com/jamiecalton/scanning.html