[bksvol-discuss] Re: paragraphs for validators, general question

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:25:27 -0600

Hi Jill,
Sorry it took me so long to answer this message. In literary English
braille, all accented letters are just shown as the letter in question with
dot 4 in front of it. In other languages there are specific braille
characters for the accented letters. I don't know of a way to make the
accented letters, other than learning or keeping for reference a list of the
ASCII values of the accented letters. What I usually do is open a blank
document in Word or WordPad, and use the JAWS list of uncommon characters
that you get when you press insert-4. C-cedilla is one of the characters you
can make using this list. I put the character in the blank document, then
select it, copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into Kurzweil where I want
it. This is a little cumbersome, but if the characters are infrequent it's
not a big deal. It would also be possible to make a file containing
characters that you can't make with the keyboard and open it in Kurzweil.
Hth,
Kellie