[bksvol-discuss] Re: paragraphs for validators, general question

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 20:08:04 -0600

Hey Mike,
Here's another thought. When I had more vision I would use a CCTV to magnify and read some books in addition to listening to them on cassette from NLS. Having a service like BookShare that would allow me to magnify them on them computer screen would be an advantage in a couple of different ways. I don't have to mess with holding the book flat enough under the CCTV, I don't have to try and read text close to the binding, and I don't have to find a way to get to the library to actually get this book I'm reading.

Computers are so much cheaper now too, although I wouldn't give me CCTV up for two more computers....I still can use it enough to be useful when I need it.

HTH,
Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Pietruk" <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>