[bksvol-discuss] Re: newbie question

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:33:07 -0500

Thanks Carrie.  Perhaps sysmic tremblings during the scan?  What OCR and
settings did you use?

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
06/22/2004 03:03 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: newbie question

Hi Guido,

I hate to say this, but I scanned the book at the Bookshare office, using
their high-speed scanner.  Who knows why it did such a poor job.  Usually
it produces better quality text.  Maybe the scanner needs to be cleaned,
maybe the OCR reader didn't have something set correctly, I dunno.  Since
I scanned the book and submitted it, I feel the responsibility to correct
the book so it can be a happy productive member of the bookshare database.

Carrie