[bksvol-discuss] Re: my thoughts on the hold for issue

  • From: "Ellen Bartlett" <starry10286@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:57:13 -0500

Hi group,

I was thinking about how Scott was saying that there's no budget for a
separate list for the holds for new volunteers. Perhaps I'm being naïve, but
couldn't the test books for new volunteers simply be emailed to them, so
they could work on them when possible, and that way not bury the check out
list in hold for vol. such-and-such.

I just realized that having the books on the regular check out list is
probably so that new volunteers can get practice with it. Given this sudden
flash, my suggestion above can be considered or disregarded as seems fit.

Just wanted to put in my two cents.

Ellen