[bksvol-discuss] Re: more book sale finds

  • From: "Brian Miller" <brian-r-miller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:29:47 -0800

More importantly, listening to a book on tape is a much different experience
than reading a text version of it with synthesized speech.
For students it is especially critical to be able to examine the text
closely and be able to lift quotes from it when needed without having to
transcribe.  Also, names and places are almost never spelled out in NLS
recordings, making it impossible for a student to effectively reproduce such
things in a report or paper.
Brian M.