[bksvol-discuss] Re: life stories of blind people

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:29:10 -0500

To Catch an Angel

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sarah Van Oosterwijck
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 11:07 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: life stories of blind people

  I don't think "My path Leads to Tibet" by Sabriye Tenberken, was mentioned.
  I really liked that book, and had fun discussing it when someone I knew
  mentioned having read it recently.  The book is from 2001 or something
  close to that if I remember correctly, so most I think I partially enjoyed
  it just because it was pretty current.

  "The Kingdom Within" is another book in the collection about a blind woman
  going to another country to teach. Genevieve Caulfield first goes to Japan
  and then to Thailand.  I haven't finished it yet, butthe the time period
  seems to be late twenties through 1940 in the place where I stopped
  reading.

  Sarah Van Oosterwijck
  Assistive Technology Trainer
  http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity