[bksvol-discuss] Re: life stories of blind people

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:00:37 -0800 (PST)

I was wondering how many are children's books, about
blind children's experiences, in school up to or
through high school. A collection of tales of
children. One of my favorite books as a youngster,
which taught me a lot, was entitled Little Children
Who Became Great. It was about the childhoods of such
people as Jenny Lind, Florence Nightingale,  Rosa
Bonheur, Queen Victoria, Leonard de Vinci, Belline (I
think) Michaelangelo (I think--it was over 50 years
ago), General Tom Thumb. The last paragraph or two
said what happened to them as adults, but mostly it
was about their childhood and their parents and their
educaiton and their dreams.  That's the kind of book I
was thinking about, having found the  stories here
very interesting.