[bksvol-discuss] Re: ighlighting Text

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 17:04:21 -0700

Hi Kelby,

        Control+shift+end will select from where the cursor is to the end of
the document.  Control+shift+home will select from the cursor to the top of
the document.  Control+shift+down arrow will select to the next paragraph.
Control+shift+up arrow will select from the cursor to the previous paragraph
beginning. The control and shift keys with page-up and page-down will select
different amounts of text depending upon what application you are using.

        Sorry I didn't think of these earlier!  They are, as Soronel says,
Windows commands, not specific to JAWS.  Not that that matters, but if you
ever switch screen readers, you'll still be able to use these.

Happy selecting!

Mayrie