[bksvol-discuss] Re: ellipses replacing periods?

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:00:43 -0400

Ah, that is why.  Thanks Cindy.  I shall leave the four periods alone,
smile.

In Braille we have a simple for an ellipsis, which is three dot six... right
after another.  If the periods aren't right next to each other as happens in
some books, we instead get . . . which is extremely annoying, bad
transcription of Braille, and takes up three times the space as the ellipsis
symbol does.

That is why.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.