[bksvol-discuss] Re: books on step 1 for a year or longer

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:25:28 -0400

Elizabeth, I agree with you. I have noticed that many of these older books are ones that have been submitted in ark and kes formats. Others have been taken and released a few times. Format is a contributing factor, as usual. Quality seems to be an issue too. Maybe part of the solution there is to give people a little more latutude when rejecting books. We seem to be caught in a syndrome of mentally saying, "I can't fix it but maybe somebody else can." We release the book only to have someone else do the same thing. I know it's a balancing act and that no one really enjoys rejecting books, but I think we've got to be a bit more decisive as a group. I'm not throwing stones at anyone because I have done this too. Maybe it's time for a little determined action though. Spending 12 hours or more on a really messed up book just to bring it to good quality standard is a waste of our time because rescanning the book would take less time. If we reject a book, let's let people know why and see if someone can rescan. Maybe then we'll tame the step 1 page a bit.

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today!" Will Rogers
Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx
Add rhyami to your Skype if you'd like to chat.