[bksvol-discuss] Re: a question about formatting footnote references

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 18:29:05 -0700 (PDT)

Ah. thank,s Lori. I remember I use to use parentheses.  ad  sighted they were
difficult to read. Now I put them in superscript when I proof read.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

Date: Saturday,
          August 22, 2009, 3:19 PM

          I am proofing a book called
          Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey. It is a nonfiction book
          about personal finances. I have run into a place where he quotes a
          number of sources and
          denotes them with
          a # followed by a number. This refers to the footnotes at the end of
          the book.
          I need some help
          to know how to format this. Here is an example from the
          book.

          short
          years.#2 A recent survey conducted by Consolidated Credit Counseling
          Services found that 71 percent of Americans say debts are making
their
          home lives unhappy.#3 A recent study in The Wall Street Journal
states
          that 70 percent of the American public lives from paycheck to
          paycheck.#4 Interestingly, a Marist Institute poll published right
          after that Wall Street Journal article stated that 55 percent of
          Americans "always" or "sometimes" worry about their money.#5 If 70
          percent are broke and only 55 percent are worried, I guess the other
          15 percent are asleep..

          Thanks for any
          help!
          --