[bksvol-discuss] Wish list book

  • From: Karen Harshfield <karenh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:09:58 -0800

Hi bookies -

I notice that the following book has been on the wish list for quite a while, maybe a couple of years:

Folk Vests: 25 Knitting Patterns & Tales from Around the World by Cheryl Oberle

Do we know if it is still needed or wanted?

I own this book, and have about half of it scanned. The vests I like are what is scanned.

Does anyone ever check the wish list to see if items are still wanted?

Is the date on which a book is submitted, or by whom the book is submitted kept as part of the wish list info?

I would hate to spend time scanning a book if the person who wants it does no longer want it, or is even no longer a bookshare member.

I am happy to scan this if it is still wanted.  What does anyone think?

AND ..... while I'm on a rant:

Does anyone ever check the validation list to see if books have been there a really long time? Perhaps those really large or boring books keep getting pushed to the bottom of the queue. I'm just speculating.....

AND ..... one more thing:

I really, really hate it when there is no synopsis, short or long, for a book. Sometimes a title looks good, but I have to go search some other database, usually my local library or the NLS, to get a synopsis.

Boy, I might really have opened up Pandora's box here.  Sorry.

- Karen