[bksvol-discuss] Re: What Do You Put into the Copyright Fields for a Public Domain Book?

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 21:08:56 -0400

Hi cindy,

Actually you can't leave the fields blank in the submission form. I
submitted two books by anarchists/anarchist presses which were either
"anticopyright" or stated on what would have been the copyright page that
they were not copyrighted.
I had to put something in the fields before the book could be submitted.
I opted for "anticopyright" in the copyright holder field and "0000" in the
copyright date field. Madeleine said that was acceptable.
In Evan's case, since the book in question was once copyrighted, I think
he's going to have to use the original copyright date.

Deborah