[bksvol-discuss] Re: Welcome to Madeleine Linares - our new volunteer coordinator

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 11:53:19 -0700

Welcome!

"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--
Chela Robles
Facebook/linkedin/email: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx

On 3/13/2012 11:05 AM, Alisa Moore wrote:

Please join me in welcoming Madeleine Linares as our new Volunteer Coordinator, starting March 12.

Madeleine will assist in the day-to-day operations of the volunteer program, including on-boarding new volunteers, tracking and maintaining data on their activities, and providing a variety of technical and other supports. Bookshare receives well over 100 volunteer inquiries each month. With Madeleine on the team, we'll improve our ability to communicate and engage new volunteers as well as manage and track the activities of an ever growing workforce.

Madeleine is a graduate of Reed College. She has experience working in the non-profit sector, with a focus on communications, customer service and project management. She has volunteered with grassroots organizations such as Playworks in Portland, Oregon, where she was instrumental in helping them develop and grow their program. She has also worked as a research assistant, managed tutoring programs, and editor.

We are delighted to have her join our volunteer team, where I know she will be a great asset.

Alisa K. Moore

Volunteer Program Manager

Benetech

www.bookshare.org