[bksvol-discuss] Re: Welcome to Madeleine Linares - our new volunteer coordinator

  • From: "Kim Loftis" <kll2277@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:39:45 -0400

Warm welcomes, Madeleine!

All Best,
Kim

From: Alisa Moore
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:05 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; Bookshare.org Volunteers
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Welcome to Madeleine Linares - our new volunteer
coordinator

Please join me in welcoming Madeleine Linares as our new Volunteer Coordinator,
starting March 12.

Madeleine will assist in the day-to-day operations of the volunteer program,
including on-boarding new volunteers, tracking and maintaining data on their
activities, and providing a variety of technical and other supports.  Bookshare
receives well over 100 volunteer inquiries each month.  With Madeleine on the
team, we'll improve our ability to communicate and engage new volunteers as
well as manage and track the activities of an ever growing workforce.

Madeleine is a graduate of Reed College.  She has experience working in the
non-profit sector, with a focus on communications, customer service and project
management.  She has volunteered with grassroots organizations such as
Playworks in Portland, Oregon, where she was instrumental in helping them
develop and grow their program.  She has also worked as a research assistant,
managed tutoring programs, and editor.

We are delighted to have her join our volunteer team, where I know she will be
a great asset.

Alisa K. Moore

Volunteer Program Manager

Benetech