[bksvol-discuss] Re: Update on me, also question about Kindle

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:50:09 -0800 (PST)

Wow, I had not seen this Kindle thing. I don't think I would like it. I don't
even like to read the newspaper online. It's just not the same thing. Although
maybe I wouldn't get distracted when a story goes from page 1 to page 6,
because with the print paper, I find I turn to page , read things there, and
keep going and by the time I get to page 6, I forget I was ever reading a front
page story.

  It would be kind of neat to have the wireless access everywhere you go though
without having to be near an open network.

  It didn't look to me like it had speech though, so I'm guessing it would not
be useful to non-print readers.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Father and Son by Larry Brown