[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Tempset

  • From: "Marissa Mika" <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:21:51 -0800

Sarah-

If I see something, I change it.

I can't speak for anyone else, though.

Marissa

-----Original Message-----
From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sarah Van
Oosterwijck
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 11:48 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: The Tempset

This reminds me of something I was going to ask. Since there are typos
and grammatical errors in book listings, especially synopses, fairly
regularly I was wondering why he admins that check the books in the
final approval process don't fix the mistakes.  I would think they would
have access to the final information provided and would notice the
mistakes.  They wouldn't have to know what the book was about because
they would only be fixing errors not totally rewriting the entries.  If
there is some reason why this isn't possible please let me know what it
is.  Since anyone could see the entries for books on book share I would
think presenting a good impression would be well worth the few seconds
it would take of the admins time to check for those types of errors. :-)

No offense is meant, I'm just curious.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity