[bksvol-discuss] Re: Shrinking step 1

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 06:25:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tony,

One reason for the shrinking download list is that usually I submit lots of
books when I go into the office on Thursdays, but last week, I didn't.  There
were a bunch that needed to be chopped, scanned and OCRed, so I started an OCR
with about 30 books on it (including the Agatha Christie and Ellery Queen books
I got a few weeks ago). I'll try to submit them when I go into the office on
Thursday.  There are 15 Ngaio Marsh books and about 20 romance books waiting to
be OCRed, will try to get to those too.

Carrie

Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all. I'm just curious about something. Have the staff been doing some
cleaning up of the step 1 page or are people just validating a lot more
than usual? The page seems to get smaller every time I look. It appears
that several books are disappearing per day. I have had a really difficult
time finding things that interest me because they seem to be gone almost
immediately. I'm guessing that a couple hundred books have vanished in the
past five days or so.

Again, I'm not being critical, just curious. I'm glad to see the step 1
page becoming a little more manageable. If this is the staff's doing, then
thanks. Otherwise, why the sudden surge in grabbing books to validate?
Tony Baechler
Maintainer, goldenaudio.net (TM) online archives
http://goldenaudio.net/

http://mail.yahoo.com