[bksvol-discuss] Returning Member Intro and Question

  • From: "Eliza Cooper" <eliza.l.cooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:42:52 -0500

Hi List,
   I was on this list years ago, and thought I'd rejoin for a while to
see what the volunteer community is talking about. (I'm also currently
unemployed, so I guess you could say I've got the time). Anyway, I'm
Eliza from New York City.
   I've also got a question, and though this is a pretty trivial
detail, I've wondered about it forever.  When you see an elipsis in
text, like when a speaker is cut off by another character, often I see
the three periods and the close quotation mark all separated by spaces
(so it would be . . . ").  I sometimes take the interveneing spaces
out so that the last word, the elipsis and the close quote are all
connected, because I think this is always how it appears in braille.
Is this correct?  In print, are the spaces always present, or is this
something OpenBook is doing?
   Thanks,
   Eliza