[bksvol-discuss] Re-appearing spaces and disappearing lines

  • From: Mary Stephens <mstephen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:10:00 -0400

ello. I have two Kurzweil-related problems. I validate RTF books, using XP home and Kurzweil 11.

First, the book I am working on right now has good page breaks, but no page numbers. I am inserting page numbers at the top of pages. However, each page seems to begin with ten spaces on the first line, before getting to the text. I go page break, blank line, page number, blank line; then delete all of the spaces. This is fine until I save the file, but when I go back into the file and check, these ten spaces have re-appeared. I suppose this gives the stripper an appetizer, but is there an explanaytion for this?

Second problem: When I inserta blank line after the page break, most of these (and it happens consistently in every book) disappear after I have saved the file and go back to check. It reads page break, page number. I have solved this by inserting two lines following the page break, but is this normal or am I missing a setting?

Any thoughts on all this quirkiness would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Mary Stephens mstephen@xxxxxxxx