[bksvol-discuss] Re: Reading books downloaded from the loving BookShare

  • From: Pat Ferguson <fergent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 20:32:55 -0500

Hi Pam and Everyone,

Thanks so much. I think I'll download it tomorrow.

I just downloaded almost 40 books tonight. lol.

Thanks so much.

Pat Ferguson

At 07:51 PM 6/4/05, you wrote:
Hi Pat,

Yes, it does work with window eyes and if you try it, feel free to
write to me off list with any questions. It is much faster converting
files this way, and plus the program also has a file split utility,
for splitting files acording to a specified size or a specified
character string--for example Chapter could be your character string.
Then, it would split the book into chapters. Then there is a batch
file converter in the program so that you can convert all of the text
files to audio.

I have used notepadex I think it's called for reading books on the
computer. It is an enhanced version of notepad and I think it's
available on the jfwlite.com site. What I like about it is that when
you stop in the middle of a book, it saves your place when you start
reading again.

Pam