[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about NY Times books

  • From: "Charlene" <caota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:10:06 -1000

The problem with that book is the font, capital letters don't always
come out right, and columns with headings and print that varies in size
so the text doesn't fall right.  I was using an optacon to look at the
pages and it was getting to be a big project to say the least.  There'
really aren't that many figures and I didn't see many charts at least in
the first third of the book.  I'm just curious, when bookshare scans a
book, who does the editing in situations where it almost requires
someone to access the print copy and fix the book?

Charlene