[bksvol-discuss] Question about Bracketed Letters

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 11:45:40 -0700

Hi, Everyone,
In a book I am proofreading, there are some quotations from the Bible.
All of the quotations begin and end with a quotation mark.
In a few of these quotations, the first letter is surrounded with brackets; the
letter is the first letter of a word, i.e. "[C]ast your cares upon Him."
I don't really understand why the letter is bracketed; for braille reading sake
should I remove the brackets? Or since they are truly part of the book, should
I leave them in place?
Thanks.
Lori C.