[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quality and validation credits

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:26:20 -0400 (EDT)

Scott

Both lines of reasoning can be true.  And I think one has to look at this
on a case by case basis.
There are some submitters who submit "as is" while some go through many
many hoops to perfect their submissions.
Some books need nothing more than a cursory once-over while others on the
extreme would be best scanned completely over again -- and most fall
somewhere in between, of course.
And the members of this list who speak out aren't necessarily a
representative sampling of the volunteer pool so deriving a consensus here
wouldn't prove much.
Let me just say that I OFTEN MAKE MY CHOICE IN WHICH BOOKS TO validate
based onthe submitter as much as the book itself.