[bksvol-discuss] Protecting chapter heading frustration

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 00:08:47 -0800

Hello Everyone,

I scan a lot of books whose page numbers appear at the bottom of pages. No matter what I place above the chapter headings to protect them, any validator not on this list will not know that that inserted text needs to remain in the book in order to protect chapter headings. I write in the comments field of the submission form a note requesting that this seemingly extraneous text not be removed in order to make sure that chapter headings will not be lost. Unfortunately, I never know until after the book is accepted into the collection whether this request has been honoured. I find it very frustrating to have my careful work trashed. And I am VERY careful with my scans.

As I see it, I can move all page numbers to the tops of pages, but that is technically altering the text of the book. And it takes time that doesn't need to be spent.

This issue is not mentioned at all in the volunteer manual, which I'm not even convinced that all volunteers read. Does anyone have any ideas about how to assure that chapter headings will remain protected?

Peace,
Mayrie