[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing and special characters

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:00:14 -0500

Surprising as it may seem, yours is the only discussion today.

So, really think nothing of the volume. Three or four messages are nothing for this list.

Why heck, we've been known to generate twenty messages in an hour.
"We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will live on in the future we make,"
Senator Edward M. Kennedy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 1:05 PM
Interesting, the copyright symbol,
which I had included in my original
email (using the JAWS INS+4 dialog) got stripped down to a
'c'.  No
wonder the messages I got back seemed so idd given I
thought I had
already proven that I can in fact insert the c-in-circle
copyright
symbol.

I have gone with replacing the 0 with that, rather than
remove or
replace with "(c)".

On 9/13/09, Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Soronel,
>
>     The 0, I'd be willing to bet is the
copyright symbol that scanned
> improperly.  I would replace it, rather than
removing it and leaving nothing
> in its place.
>
> Mayrie

On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
> Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:56 AM
> To: bksvol-discuss
> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Proofing and special
characters

> Hi,
>
> I checked out and downloaded a book today, so far
everything looks pretty
> good, I do however have a question.
>
> The copyright line reads "Copyright 0 2007
<author>"

> Should I just remove the 0, or should I replace it
with 'C'? (In case 'C'
> doesn't read for you it is the c-in-circle copyright
symbol.

> --
> Soronel Haetir
> soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx
line.  To get a list of
the subject line.

>  To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email
line.  To get a list of
the subject line.

--
Soronel Haetir