[bksvol-discuss] Re: Permanent link for renewing books

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 23:16:32 +0000

Hi Lori, Jackie, Jamie, and all,

Thank you all for your feedback! This makes a lot more sense to me now.

Lori--I agree that it's very strange that the link would have existed
permanently at one time yet no longer does. I'm not sure why this is or what
happened here, but I'm trying to find out. Thanks also for the welcome, I'm
very excited to be here!

Jackie--your point about being able to renew library books any time is a great
one and I agree that it's strange that we cannot also do so.

Jamie--you make a really important point about losing information and edits
that I hadn't even considered! That is definitely (yet another) good reason for
having a permanent renewal link.

I am still looking into this and trying to find out why things changed, but
once I know more I shall let you all know. In the meantime, if there is a
crisis situation where you are unable to renew your books in time, you can
always email me and I will do what I can to help. I (sadly) am not all
powerful, but maybe I'll be able to do something.

Thanks everyone--both for your volunteering and your patience with our
technical difficulties,

Madeleine