[bksvol-discuss] Peculiarity on purpose

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:50:19 -0500

I am working on one of the Louis Slobodkin children's books (they are really
fun to read!), and notice something very odd.  When an ellipsis is at the end f
the line, it is the usual three periods.  However, when mid-sentence, it is a
space period space period space and I cannot decide if for readability it is
permissible to place a currently acceptable ellipsis or if it is like a
misspell that needs to be retained as in print.  It will be very annoying to
audio or Braille readers, I would think...

Valerie