[bksvol-discuss] Re: Openbook users

  • From: "Julie Morales" <inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:45:06 -0700

Hi, Donna. I hope you'll be as happy with Kurzweil as I am...and I'm sure
you will be. Take care.
Julie Morales
Email and Windows/MSN Messenger:
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise. --Unknown
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his
tongue. --Anonymous
From:  talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:01:30 -0400
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Openbook users

Hi to all the Openbook users,

I would like to request that you go into your spelling corrections
dictionary, and delete com becomes corn.  I'm not sure at all who the one
was that originally decided to put it in the corrections dictionary, but I
believe it was ill advised.  I am very tired of reading about: accornpany,
becornes, cornpanies, cornmanders, etc.  I can't conceive of why they did
this, especially when you consider all the words with com in them, as
opposed to corn.
Another word in the dictionary that could use attention is tom becomes
torn.  I guess the people at Freedom Scientific have a very low opinion of
the success rate in recognizing o m combos, or should I say cornbos.  If
the Openbook users don't want to do away altogether with the tom becomes
torn, they can at least make it a case sensitive search.  This would then
preclude our creating a whole new group of people with very sheik names
like Torn Bradley, Torn Miller, Torn Smith, etc.
Being an Openbook user myself, I have already ditched the corn one, and at
least for a while I'll try the torn as a case sensitive conversion.
Thank you for reading, or should I say listening to / feeling, my ranting.

Dave

http://mail2web.com/ .