[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: how to detect boiling water

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 00:12:35 -0600

Hi Jamie!

My thermometer talks and only goes up to 240 degrees. Yes, patience is necessary when making candy. My caramels take about 20 minutes before anything interesting begins to happen, because the heat has to be rather low.

Close your eyes the next time you boil water. Without any visual distractions, you might hear it better.

Thanks for the compliment on our independence. Such positive words are much welcomed.

Debby

At 12:13 PM 1/1/2010, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote
So you DO hear the boiling. I will have to listen for this the next time I boil water. Not that I do it often.

Are there talking candy thermometers for candy? I haven't made candy in over 10 years but I remember impatiently waiting for the thermometer to rise to the correct temperature.

Everyone here always seems so competent and independent that I never think about how you do things or how you might not be able to do something.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Who Do I Talk To? by Neta Jackson

Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3 hours: <http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497>http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497

See everything I've read this year at: <http://www.michrxtech.com/books.html>www.michrxtech.com/books.html

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>