[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: diactitical marks: tilde and grave

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 21:19:14 -0600

Lissi,

In Word,

To type à, è, ì, ò, ù, À, È, Ì, Ò, Ù
Press CTRL+` (ACCENT GRAVE), the letter

To type á, é, í, ó, ú, ý, Á, É, Í, Ó, Ú, Ý
Press CTRL+' (APOSTROPHE), the letter

To type â, ê, î, ô, û, Â, Ê, Î, Ô, Û
Press CTRL+SHIFT+^ (CARET), the letter

To type ã, ñ, õ, Ã, Ñ, Õ
Press CTRL+SHIFT+~ (TILDE), the letter

To type ä, ë, ï, ö, ü, ÿ, Ä, Ë, Ï, Ö, Ü, ?
Press CTRL+SHIFT+: (COLON), the letter

To type å, Å
Press CTRL+SHIFT+@, a or A

To type æ, Æ
Press CTRL+SHIFT+&, a or A

To type ?, ?
Press CTRL+SHIFT+&, o or O

To type ç, Ç
Press CTRL+, (COMMA), c or C

To type ð, Ð
Press CTRL+' (APOSTROPHE), d or D

To type ø, Ø
Press CTRL+/, o or O

To type ¿
Press ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+?

To type ¡
Press ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+!

To type ß
Press CTRL+SHIFT+&, s

To find these shortcut keys in Word's Help Information, look up "Insert
Symbols and Special Characters".

HTH

Gerald