[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Question for any guide dog owners

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:56:07 -0400

There are only two or three places, where  a guide dog can not legally go.

They are

Kitchen areas of restaurants, operating rooms in hospitals, and bed and
breakfasts with five or fewer rooms where the owner lives on the premissess.

Those are the ones that I am aware of.

Are there places not recommended to take your dog sure there.

Oh, Religious institutions are also protected, but that is a very slippery
slope and usually bad ppublicity will change their mind.

Smile.

Taxi drivers can not refuse our guide dogs, do they yes, and there are
things we can do about it.

In most places refusall of a service animal can get the cabbies license
taken away.

I have had to do this on a couple of occassions.

Religious reasons are not valid to refuse a ride, as are allergies, or
fears.

Smile.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden