[bksvol-discuss] OT: Learning Style Compensation

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 15:45:23 -0400

Hi,
Does anyone know if Bookshare has a book that explains this? When I learn
programming, I get stressed off the charts if someone says something like
"Here's how to do it," then all I see is code. On the other hand, if
someone says something like "Here's the problem we are going to solve,"
gives an English explanation, then I see the code, then for good measure,
they may give a wrap-up, I am fine and I learn a lot faster. I've always
wondered why this happens and how to make myself trick myself into getting
less stress over the first method, because the answer is often in the code,
I just don't see it because of my stress level.

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"it is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis." --
Margaret Bonnano

Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/