[bksvol-discuss] Re: OCR Software

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 02:39:22 -0700 (PDT)

Mary Anne, that is why I love Omnipage. It is so accurate. When it does boo
boo, you can train it not to do that again. But, as you've found, it will crash
if you do too many pages at once. I don't know how to make it work better
except to only do 20 or so pages at once.

  I've been using it for probably 2 years now I think, and I love it. If I am
doing a paperback and two pages at a time then I will do 30 pages (15 scans),
OCR and proof them, then paste them into word. If I am doing a book that has to
be one page at a time then I will do 10 or 20 pages and then paste them into
word. That way if it does crash, then it asks me if I want to recover what I
was working on the last time. If you get too much in it, it won't ask you.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - The President's Daughter by Mariah Stewart
  I'm an eBay affiliate, click here before you bid!
Click here for eBay! (what is this? When you click this link, eBay pays me a
small percentage of your WINNING bid. There is no additional cost to you.)