[bksvol-discuss] Re: Mystified...But Just Slightly

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:25:13 -0400

Nolan,
I also submitted 'A Body to Die For ' on April 29th. I don't know if yours
or mine is on the validation list, but I am sure the one with the highest
accuracy rating will be chosen.
 A while back I submitted 'The Wedding ' and it was rejected because
another submission had a higher rating and there were three copies submitted.
For the sake of Bookshare, may the best book win.
I do not think that books from the wish list are validated any sooner than
any others. I have had wish list books stay on the validation list for
months, even though several times I asked if anyone wanted to help fulfill
someone's wish.

Jim

At 07:16 PM 5/20/04 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi, Everyone,
>
>I'm curious as to whether there's any kind of hierarchy to the book
>validation process.  Here's what I mean.  Some weeks ago, I noticed that
>Kate White's "A Body to Die For" was on the wish list.  I had scanned the
>book that same week by coincidence, and submitted it.  So the question is,
>is there any relation between the wish list and things that get validated
>ahead of other books?  Please don't misunderstand--not complaining, just
>curious.  I've no doubt someone will get to Kate White someday.
>
>The diversity of stuff available on Bookshare fascinates me.  It's
>certainly a reflection of readers and tastes that are all over the map, so
>to speak.  I doubt I'll make the collection any more conventional with my
>own sometimes-esoteric taste in books.
>
>Kindest Regards,
>
>Nolan
>
>MSN Messenger:  Nolancrabb
>Yahoo Messenger:  nolancrabb@xxxxxxxxx
>
>"The best portion of a good man's life is the little, nameless,
>unremembered acts of kindness and love."--William Wordsworth
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---