[bksvol-discuss] Re: Mystified...But Just Slightly

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:29:09 -0500

Hi Nolan,
Nice to see you on this list. I have no idea about the second part of your
question, i.e. if there is staff priority regarding what to publish from the
list of validated books. But with respect to the validation process itself, the
first part of that is up to the volunteers. So it can be quick, or it can take
a long time, depending on how long the book sits in the list of books to be
downloaded and validated by a volunteer, and also on how long it
takes the volunteer to validate it, once they've downloaded it. And then,
sometimes, just for added fun, books pop back up on the download list, because
somebody's time ran out, or they couldn't get to the book, or
they had problems with it that they thought somebody else could fix, or
whatever.  So books may take just a few days from submission to appearance on
the site. Or they may take much longer. I imagine that thre must
be some sort of priority for staff to approve wish list books and also current
topical ones. But that's a guess only.
mary