[bksvol-discuss] Re: My mp3 is ready

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:53:59 -0400

Maybe they should go in the $VRDTB folder, but it remains that it did not work for me until I put it in the audio+podcasts folder on the route directory. As for the proper place being the $VRDTB folder, though, I don't think that even applies on the DTBM. A BARD book will play just as well in that folder or not. The only reason it might even be there is because of using the Humanware companion to load books. An MP3 is not a BARD book though. An MP3 does not seem to function in a subfolder. Now, if it is a Daisy book I would suppose that it should work in the $VRDTB folder in the Stream. I would not know from my own experience because I have not tried it in the Stream yet. I only know that someone on the BARD Talk list reported that it did not work in that folder in the Stream, but that it did in the other books folder. Whether it is working where it should or not, though, it does work. It works if you draw on the mistakes and experience of others who are trying it out. If you really want it to work where you think it should work then I think the best place to start in your trouble shooting would be support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 4/1/2012 11:52 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Roger, I put it in the $VRDTB folder because it is a DAISY book. I also tried it as a book on a new cartridge with nothing else on it. In the Stream's $VRDTB folder I got the 'Please Respect... thingy. When I placed it on a new cartridge, I got the same error. They should go in the regular DAISY folder because they are DAISY books.

Ann P.