[bksvol-discuss] Re: Introduction/Possibly Difficult Question...

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:14:43 -0700

Chris:

Omnipage has a feature called "zones". In addition to making a
"text-only" zone, which recognizes the text in graphics, a person,
using a mouse, of course, can draw zones around graphics & label them
as such so that the software won't try to recognize them. This is
obviously for use by a sighted person, but since Susan falls into that
category,it's a feature yall could probably make excellent use of. It
goes without saying those should be drawn prior to
recognition/re-recognition. Omnipage tries to guess whether somethin
is a graphic or text, but sometimes it gets it wrong. The upside of a
text-only zone is that it will recognize text within graphics--the
downside is that sometimes it tries to recognize text within graphics
that doesn't, in fact, exist, & it can be a royal mess. With the kind
of refinement that can be achieved by drawing a zone, right-clicking,
& labeling appropriately, u can get a lot cleaner recognition.

HTH.

Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net