[bksvol-discuss] Re: Introduction/Possibly Difficult Question...

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 07:42:19 -0400

Jim,

You say, "there are a couple of 'nerdy' books sitting out there..." I ask,
sitting out where?

If you read through the trials and tribulations we're having with the Drupal
book, I think that having the hard copy on hand is pretty useful, especially
in programming languages as Susan, my lovely wife, is unfamiliar with most
of them so fixing a coding example would be hard for her.  Personally, I
don't know Ruby from Python (I haven't learned either) so, excepting really
obvious cases, I wouldn't be of much help.

What do you think about the screen shots question?  Susan estimates it would
take close to a week to get them all done properly.  Would this time be
better served by a us working on a different book?  We can USPS or UPS the
book to someone else who might want to further polish it.

cdh