[bksvol-discuss] How does one request a rescan?

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare volunteer discussion" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:14:27 -0600

I have found a book in the library that, in my opinion, should be re-scanned. My apologies in advance to the person or persons responsible for putting it in the library in the first place. My criticism is of the final product, not your efforts.

The book is "the rise and fall of the third Reich" by William Shirer.

I realize that this would be a tough undertaking as it is over 3000 pages long. However, the copy that is in the library is rated good with some errors, and, in my opinion, that's a kindness. There are repeated and missing pages and scanning errors throughout.

This book is regarded as a definitive work on the life of Adolf Hitler and the rise and fall of Nazi Germany, and any library could be proud of having it in their collection.

If I were a scanner, I'd take this project on but I'm not. However, I would gladly enjoy validating someone else's effort.

I guess I could contact staff directly to find out what I need to do to make this suggestion, but you folks know everything there is to know about how things work around here, so I'm asking your advice.

Thanks.
Bob
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead