[bksvol-discuss] How Long Is Publication Taking These Days?

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:28:48 -0800

The first book I submitted on January 17 took just two days from submission to
publication.  I remember marveling about that on the other list.  I submitted
my second book on February 5, and have yet to hear anything about that one.  I
didn't validate that one, though, so I have no idea if it is in the admin queue
or someone is still validating it.  I validated my first book and uploaded it
on February 12.  It was kicked back and I uploaded it again on the 16th, and I
haven't seen it back on the Step One page since.  I submitted the second book
on February 18, and I validated it the same day.  I had just read it and I was
sure it was good.

If Gustavo publishes books in the order he gets them - assuming they aren't
kicked back, of course - then the backlog has increased dramatically in just
the last two months,  Going from just two days, allowing no time for
validation! which is absurd, I know, and now the backlog is up to at least 25
days.  If he isn't publishing books in the order he gets them, then what
criteria does he use to set publication priority?  I am wondering how long it
has taken other validators' books to appear after uploading them in the last
few weeks.

Unfortunately, if Bookshare continues to grow, the backlog will continue to
grow unless more people can publish books on Bookshare.  I will not submit or
validate any more books until I see at least one of the three I submitted or
validated already get published.  Anything I add to the queue will just make
the problem worse, and I don't see any point in that.