[bksvol-discuss] Re: Find It If u Can ..................

  • From: mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:36:50 -0500 (CDT)

This is an odd message to find on the Bookshare list, unless I'm totally
missing the point.  At least 30% of us couldn't find the picture, let
alone the image; so I could use an explanation.

Is the poster perhaps trying to deal with the dreaded CAPTCHA monster?
That, of course, is the acronym for the so-called Turing test that
purports to tell computers and people apart.  It's woefully flawed as far
as those exercises in futility whereby one has to copy a graphical image
into text in order to log into a Web site; unless, of course, blind comp.
users don't qualify as people.

Mostly, though, I'm just curious as to what this message is about andhope
to find the answer, as the hams liket to say, further on down the log.
--
 Don't let 7/15/07 be the Day the MUSIC Died! <www.savenetradio.org> for
the scoop!  Pax, Max.  <Mail to: mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx> or