[bksvol-discuss] Fair Books in the collection

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 01:59:08 -0700 (PDT)

Donna,

Back in October of 2004, Marissa posted a list of Fair
Books that would be good to have re-scanned or
re-validated. She posted it in two forms--one for
sighted people and one for non-sighted people.
Unfortunately, I only have the former list. Also,
sadly, I only fixed one.  Then I went to the list of
books that had been sitting on the download list. When
I finish what I've got, I should go back to that list.

I had crossed some off the list that people said they
were doing. One of them was The Vagina Monolgues, but
I see it is still in the collection as Fair. I know
there has been recent discussion here about problems
with a new scan of it.

In October 2004 there were 1171 books on the list. I
haven't checked lately, so I don't know how many have
been done. Maybe Gustavo or John or Marissa when she
comes back can generate a more current list. If you
want a copy of my list, I can send it to you as an rtf
document. I think Marissa had it in chart form and I
put it into a Word document, to make it easier for
myself to read and keep track.

Cindy

P.S. Jake--do you have a way of selecting out Fair
books?

Cindy