[bksvol-discuss] Re: Copyrights and synopses

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 21:23:57 -0700

Hi. This is blatantly wrong! I'm surprised that you would make this statement. NLS does _NOT_ use the book jacket online at all. If you download the book, they include it, but otherwise they always write their own annotation. Look for any book that's both on bookshare and NLS. Take Harry Potter for example. The bookshare synopsis and NLS annotations will be completely different. I have often found this annoying because the NLS annotation is not detailed enough.

At 10:29 AM 5/30/2005 -0400, you wrote:

Did, to Jake's comments.  I figure what is available for the sighted public,
as far as what is on the dust jacket is fair for the long synopsis.
Libraries use them, on the web, as does NLS.

Tony Baechler Maintainer, goldenaudio.net (TM) online archives http://goldenaudio.net/