[bksvol-discuss] Re: Copyrights and synopses

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 01:33:29 -0500

Hey Tony,
    I guess what I was trying to say is, why is a volunteer reminding other
volunteers what to do when it's with respect to something that staff must
know about. I mean, if BookShare admins don't know that material is quoted
from the book.....
    Therefore if it was of concern, BookShare admins would have already
addressed it on the list. So, if you think they are overlooking something,
wouldn't it be best to write them directly?
    I know Gustavo occasionally comments on the list, but it is not clear
that he reads every message. I know I attempt to, but I also know that
things that are sent directly to me are read first.
    You also mention asking previously for fficial statements. Did you do
that on or off list?

    I guess what I'm trying to say is, if things are happening on the site
already, you should write to  a staff member first. After all, if you are
indeed correct, then having volunteers stop doing it is the last step. We
would need to get the offending material off the website ----- Original
Message -----  and so that's why a BookShare admin would be best to answer
the question.

Jake